How to take measurements of your chest
Each bra has a different size and it is important to measure yourself properly so that it fits perfectly.
Measure your chest circumference with a tape measure. You will need the help of someone to do this.
Measuring the elastic band:
- Keep your bra on and keep your arms on each side of your body;
- Measure the circumference around the torso just below the breasts (at the level of the bra elastic band), and make sure that the measuring tape is properly in place and parallel to the floor;
- Round the number to the nearest lower or higher whole number;
- If the number is even, add 4 inches. If the number is odd, add 5 inches. The result is the size of the elastic band (ex. 30+4= size of 34 inches, 31+5= size 36 inches).
If the ribcage is more than 36 inches, add a little less inches because the longer the elastic band, the longer it stretches.
Measuring the cup:
- Keep your bra on and keep your arms on each side of your body. Measure from the center of the chest to the centre of the back;
- Double the measurement. Do not round up or down. The result is the size of the cup. Find the result in the table below to determine the size of the cup.